Welcome to P.R.I.S.M. Spine and Joint, a new kind of musculoskeletal medicine practice. We know that an active lifestyle is the key to good health, and we help you achieve your goals by finding and treating the root cause of your pain or weakness. We focus on bringing the level of care received by professional athletes to patients with injuries, connective tissue disorders, chronic back pain, neurologic diagnoses, and to women before and after childbirth in addition to working with dancers and other athletes. We rehabilitate with you and teach you to care for your body and prevent future injuries. The P.R.I.S.M. team takes a head-to-toe, non-operative approach to maximizing your recovery and performance.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept insurance as the time and resources required detract from our ability to spend a maximum amount of time with our patients. The fee for your initial evaluation will be $775. Upon receipt of payment in full, PRISM can submit your claim for you or provide you with a detailed receipt you may use to submit to your insurer. Please see Pricing for further details.
- Non-operative Orthopaedic Care
- Ehlers-Danlos Hypermobility Care
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
- Osteopathic/Chiropractic techniques
- Craniosacral techniques
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Visceral Mobilization
We create an individualized medical and rehabilitation/exercise program for each patient and teach you the skills you need to achieve your goals.
Conditions We Treat Include
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Diagnosis, Treatment and Injury Prevention
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care: for the Spine, Joints and Pelvic Floor
- Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic and Neurologic Conditions
- Hypermobility: Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention for Dancers, Gymnasts, Swimmers, Pitchers, or anyone with joint hypermobility
- Head and Neck: TMJ, Headaches/Head Pain, Non-Operative and Post-Operative treatment of Disc Herniations, Spondyloysis, Spondylolisthesis, Radiculopathy, Pain or Weakness; Laryngeal Sensory Neuropathy/Hoarseness
- Back: Non-Operative and Post-Operative treatment of Disc Herniations, Spondyloysis, Spondylolisthesis, Radiculopathy, hyperlordosis/kyphosis, Pain or Weakness
- Pelvis: Non-Operative treatment of Sciatica, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, Pubic Symphysis Pain, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pregnancy care, Pain and Weakness; Post-Operative treatment of pelvic fractures/trauma
- Upper Extremity: Non-operative and Post-operative treatment of Rotator Cuff Tendonitis/Sprain/Tear, Labral Tear, Shoulder Impingement, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Nerve Impingement, Biceps Tendonitis, Elbow tendonitis or pain, Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow), Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow), Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Radial Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis of the shoulder, wrist or hand, Pain and Weakness
- Hip: Non-operative and Post-Operative treatment of Labral Tears, Snapping Hip, Psoas Syndrome, Impingement Syndrome, Hip Pain and Weakness
- Leg and Foot: Non-operative and Post-Operative treatment of knee pain, knee arthritis, knee sprains, Iliotibial Band syndrome (IT Band), Jumper’s knee, Patella Instability and Subluxation, Arthritis, Chondromalacia, Ankle Sprains, Peroneal Tendonitis, Plantar Fascitis
- Pediatric Services: Physical Therapy to address Core strength, Motor control, Balance and Coordination; Acupressure and Mind-Body Training for Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain, Headaches, Joint Instability, PTSD, Digestion
Thank you for making an investment in your health and taking the time to investigate the evidence behind some of what we do. We have provided some general media and a limited selection of studies on a few of our more specialized offerings.
Read about the importance of muscle strength in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09638288.2016.1196396
Read about Reactive Neuromuscular Techniques for the unstable shoulder (applicable to patients with hypermobility/EDS and to swimmers/throwing athletes) here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2953291/pdf/najspt-02-097.pdf
Read about Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization for Injury Prevention here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5468202/
Read about Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization for athletes/pain here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3578435/
Read about Osteopathic Techniques in pregnancy here (note that pregnancy increases joint hypermobility and these findings could be applicable to hypermobility syndromes – more research is needed): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811218/pdf/nihms-135690.pdf
Read about how acupuncture and other integrative therapies decrease the need for pain medicine (by 71%) following Neurosurgery here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30792957
Read about the connection between joint health and gut microbiome here: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/01/joint-pain-from-the-gut/383772/